responsible of contributing to the improvement of the quality of education,
delivering innovative solutions to the educational system in Ecuador.
Commitment - Trust - Determination
Discipline - Efficiency - Generosity
Honesty - Leadership - Positivism
Professionalism - Team work - Integrity
Time to Teach
Who can apply
Native English speakers or candidates with at least a B2 English level according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
Candidates with a Bachelor's Degree in any academic specialty; or university students attending the last year of their education; or holders of an internationally recognized certification for English teaching
Candidates with no legal impediments or a criminal record
Candidates with no prohibited entry in Ecuador
Holders of a passport with at least 1 year validity
LONG TERM POSITION: Airline tickets (round trip) from the volunteer's current place of residence to Ecuador. Full school year
COASTAL REGION PROGRAM April – February
HIGHLANDS & AMAZON REGION PROGRAM September – July
SHORT TERM POSITION: Airline ticket (one-way) for the return from Ecuador to the volunteer's current place of residence. (The flight from the country of residence to Ecuador will be covered by the volunteer). Half school year (5 months).
EDIFICAR will support the volunteer through their visa application
The volunteer will be provided with a local, private, pre-paid health insurance plan. (Even if the volunteers already have a different medical insurance, they will still receive the one offered by the program).
The volunteer will stay with a host family. The host family will provide accommodation. The volunteer must adapt to the way of life and culture of the host family.
The volunteer will receive a monthly stipend of a basic salary in Ecuador to cover, food, transportation and other personal expenses
The volunteer will work in the educational unit assigned to him / her.
The volunteer will be given a copy of the contract and other official documents that are relevant to their stay in Ecuador and to their teaching role
The volunteer will be recognized for their contribution by receiving a certificate of participation after the end of the program, which will be signed by the Ministry of Education and EDIFICAR Foundation.
Volunteers will work as ENGLISH TEACHERS
Volunteer teachers will work for up to 40 labor hours per week (Monday to Friday).
Volunteer teachers must comply with their schedule (volunteers may work the morning or afternoon shift, as assigned by their school)
Volunteer teachers must prepare class activities
Volunteer teachers are required to attend all events at their school, and all training sessions coordinated by EDIFICAR and the Ministry of Education.
During their participation in the program, every volunteer must send photographs of their performance in classes, with their colleagues in the School, with their families and every other photograph that may be a contribution for their personal file.
Scanned copy of passport (photo page)
An internationally recognized B2 certificate in English (attached is the list of certifications in force in Ecuador)
Scanned copy of the bachelor's degree or equivalent, or transcripts from a university (for students in their final years of studies), and/or English teacher certificate. This document must be apostilled
A criminal background check issued in the last six months by a competent authority in the country of origin / residence of the volunteer. This document must be apostilled
AKP (Attitude, Knowledge, Psychology) Tests
(Native participants from United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia will not be required to present a B2 certificate)
TEACHERS TEAMFor Ecuador
Teachers Team for Ecuador
Edificar Foundation with its program “Teachers for Ecuador” invites citizens from different countries to participate as teachers of different subjects in private educational units and universities or institutes of higher education in the country.
This will allow participating teachers to gain experience in another country, to know a new culture and to transmit their knowledge in a classroom.
- Third level degree
- Pass the previous interview with the Foundation
- Send the documentation requested in the interview
- NHave no criminal record or legal impediments
- Recent Resume
- CScanned copy of passport (photo page)
- Scanned copy of the bachelor's degree or equivalent. This document must be apostilled
- A criminal background check issued in the last six months by a competent authority in the country of origin / residence of the volunteer. This document must be apostilled
- Work as teachers of the subject of their choice and therefore must understand and fulfill with all their professional responsibilities.
- Teachers will work for up to 40 labor hours per week (Monday to Friday).
- Teachers must comply with their schedule
- Teachers must prepare class activities for their students.
- Teachers are required to attend all events at their school when their presence is required.
Gap Year Ecuador
The sabbatical year is a year of cultural exchange, new learnings and experiences, between high school and university, which will allow you to improve your CV and grow professionally and personally.
Who can apply
- Citizens from all over the world who speak Spanish, English, French, German.
- Candidates with a High School Diploma.
- Candidates with no legal impediments or a criminal record.
- Candidates with no prohibited entry in Ecuador.
- Holders of a passport with at least 1 year validity.
- Recent Resume
- Evaluation interview
- Scanned copy of passport (photo page)
- Scanned copy of High School Diploma. This document must be apostilled.
- A criminal background check issued in the last six months by a competent authority in the country of origin / residence of the volunteer. This document must be apostilled.
- AKP (Attitude, Knowledge, Psychology) Tests.
ConsultingComprehensive services to natural and legal persons, public and private in the areas of education.
Courses and WorkshopsCourses, workshops and educational seminars for the improvement of teaching and learning at all educational levels.
Train teachers to improve their skills and knowledge to be up to date.
Teachers - Value knowledge, which allows to initiate didactic-pedagogical actions that favor the learning processes of students.
Students - Measuring the student's attitudes and aptitudes as a response to the educational process: demonstrations of knowledge, abilities, skills and values developed as a result of the educational process and its application in everyday life.